- offer an outside perspective on both you as an individual player and and a team player
- listen, confidentially, to the things that are worrying you about your team or your game development
- help you by sharing their own experience of both failure and success.
- give friendly, unbiased support.
- provide honest and constructive feedback.
NW Magic Mentor/Mentee Program
“The best way a mentor can prepare another leader is to expose him or her to other great people.”
“A mentor is someone who sees more talent and ability within you, than you see in yourself, and helps bring it out of you. ”
“In learning you will teach, in teaching you will learn.”
“Mentoring is a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.” — John Crosby
“A mentor is someone who allows you to see the hope inside yourself.” — Oprah Winfrey
“One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination.” — John C. Maxwell