Welcome to Northwest Magic
Welcome everyone to the Northwest Magic Basketball Program, a Blue Star Nike Sponsored organization. Here, we’re not just building teams or a program…….we’re building a culture. In this culture, we’re cultivating high level student-athletes that will move up through our Elite Program and eventually become players that colleges will be proud to make part of their program.
Northwest Magic is made up of Coaches, Trainers, Board of Directors, and Support Staff who are all dedicated to the same mission: That mission is to teach, develop, and highlight the core principals of teamwork, character development, and personal responsibility while also supporting strong academic development. In achieving these goals, each player will receive a firm foundation in individual basketball skills and use these skills as a team.
Thank you for considering Northwest Magic for your player. We hope that during tryouts, trainings, or a drop-in workout, you’re able to observe first-hand what Magic is about: hard work, excellent basketball instruction, and the opportunity for players to have fun while they’re at it. Magic prides itself on providing a place to play for every player who wants to increase her/his basketball skills. Below is some information that I hope will answer many of your questions about joining Magic. FAQ also available on our website.
Magic offers 3 distinct programs. National Blue Star program 7th-12th grade, Elite Program 7th-12th grade, and a Select Program 1st-6th grade.
Program Structure and Description
BLUE STAR PROGRAM
Our national program is for players from 7-12th grade. We will have 3-5 national teams at most during one season ranging from 7th-12th grade. This program is demanding, rigorous , and highly competitive. Our coaches evaluate and target players on a year-round basis at tournaments, camps, and school games. Tryout invitations will be sent out in January of each year from national program director, Coach Vanessa McClendon.
Our senior program is for players from 7th-12th grade. This program is kept separately from our national program to ensure that our players and teams are not viewed as “second tier” when they are at tournaments or evaluated by college coaches. We are blessed to have a ton of talented players and our role as a club program is to maximize the opportunities for all of our players. Please see website for more details about the Elite Program.
Our junior program is for players from 1st-6th grade. The focus is on building a solid fundamental foundation for our players to build upon as they get older and higher in our program. We break our junior program down seasonally to allow players to continue to be multi-sport athletes for as long as possible. Our largest season is typically the winter and spring season. Please see website for more details about the Select Program.
Registration fees are used to cover general administrative expenses, insurance, and other direct program costs.
All players will pay an annual registration fee- Registration link – http://northwestmagic.leagueapps.com/events/411333-annual-registration-fees
- Returning players- $75
- New Players $150
Uniforms will be purchased by families – please PayPal $150. PayPal link- https://www.paypal.me/northwestmagic
In memo, please specify players name, uniform size, grade, team assignment, and top three jersey choices. Player will borrow uniform from Magic until their uniform arrives. Please allow 2-3 weeks from payment. There is a $50 refundable deposit for borrowed uniforms. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request borrowed uniform.
Fan Gear/ Team Store
Please click link to view team store – https://nw-magic-store.myshopify.com
Program Monthly Fees Include
- Group trainings (Does NOT include private and specialty trainings)
- Tournaments (local and regional for Tacoma Teams)-
- Coaches Cost
- position specific training
- League play and/or 1-2 tournaments per month
- 4-6 College Viewing Tournaments per season (for high schoolers)
- Recruiting assistance (for high schoolers)
- College Representation (for high schoolers)
- Player representation meetings (for high schoolers)
- Player promotion
*** Membership fee DOES NOT include lodging, air/ground transportation, or meals at any of the tournaments.
- Invoices are generated through our system League Apps. All players must have a league app account. Click link – http://www.northwestmagic.org/clubteams
- Parents will be able to manage accounts themselves. Simply register for program (listed above) to do so. Payment is due in full by the 1st of the month (Tacoma Division) and the 15th of each month (Pasco Division). Late fees will be applied to all accounts not paid within 10 days of due date. Unless otherwise arranged, Players accounts must be paid in full to participate in playing opportunities and/or team practices.
- Online payments (through league apps) are accepted as well as through PayPal payment link – Click here.
- Parents may pre-pay their player’s year upon re-enrollment, or upon joining Magic (for the remainder of their player’s year). Prepayment will entitle the family to a 10% discount.
Magic trainers offer small-group training sessions and private 1:1 hour-long sessions. Monthly training schedules will be posted online by the 20th of the month prior.
- $60 per hour private training
- Group sessions are included in monthly fees
- Drop in rate for group trainings are $30 per session (if not on “Team”)
- Flat $90 fee monthly for unlimited group training access ( non “Team” players”
- Teams or individual players may be required by coaching staff to attend training events as necessary.
Mandatory AAU Membership
Each player must have a current AAU membership assigned to Magic’s club code for insurance purposes.
Visit www.aausports.org to purchase your membership. Enter Club Code WWDDYB when prompted to assign your membership to Magic. If you have a multi-year membership that is still active, please email the membership number, player name and date of birth to email@example.com
Fundraising to Offset Fees
Each quarter, Magic will offer a fundraising opportunity. Specific fundraising efforts are designated as All-Magic, and participation is mandatory for all players. Families may elect to pay a fee in lieu of participation. Other fundraising efforts are designated as optional, and families may choose to participate to offset monthly expenses, uniform expenses, travel fees for away tournaments, etc.
Please check website calendar for practice and training schedule
Maintaining Communication with Magic
Each parent and player should also send a text message with your name, player’s name, and team assignment to 253.355.6497 to be added to our centralized text distribution list. To receive messages your phone plan must accept MMS messages.
Game changer App
Game changer app is a communication tool that Magic uses for specific team communication, scheduling etc. Send Coach Vanessa your email address to receive invite to game changer app. You will have to download app from iTunes.
Please read these documents carefully and with great awareness as these guidelines are the core of how Northwest will be managed.
Looking forward to a wonderful Season- Welcome- Go Magic!!!!